- We Say Yes. We strive to enthusiastically say yes to one another, our peers, and the people we interact with. We accept ideas and remain open to new ways of doing things. We actively look for ways to make things work, rather than focusing on why they won’t. When we do say no to ideas, we are mindful of our choice of words and nonverbal communication, recognizing our power to affect others.
- We Make Stuff. We commit to the continual effort to create new works. When we prioritize creation, we inspire fans and challenge our community by sharing the best part of ourselves. We trust in our shared creative space to lift us and foster new ideas. We seek to turn the labor of creation into a joyful challenge both for ourselves and for others.
- We Help. We strive to offer our time to helping other artists. We recognize the fastest way to learn and grow both personally and as a whole is by helping each other. Art relies on us looking inward, but sharing our art is a community effort. The strongest scene is one in which we give unconditionally to our peers and fellow artists. We recognize, value, and express gratitude for everyone’s contribution regardless of its size.
- We Make Each Other Look Good. We invest in the success of those around us and celebrate their achievements. We are generous with our praise of each other and reserved with our criticism. We don’t indulge or participate in gossip or talk about others, except to lift them up. Critique and self-marketing is not our greatest strength, our ability to lift each other up is.
- We Connect. We know that creative connection and recommendation are the highest value communication skills we have. Whether in personal communication or the digital economy, sharing distributes information without transaction and grows relationships and communities. We understand that it is the connections we make between us that lifts everyone up.
- We Practice Professionalism. Whether in the sharing of our art, engagement with fans or in building business relationships, we recognize the need the be excellent in presentation and communication. We aspire to the professionalism that engages our fans and peers and builds trust in our community and shared stages. We are what we continually do. We honor our community, our fans, our peers, and ourselves by sharing our art in it’s best light.
- We Choose Positivity. Our language and contributions to one another come from a positive place. We embrace change positively, with open and optimistic attitudes. We set our sights on overcoming challenges, not focusing on problems. We avoid needlessly injecting negativity into conversations or situations by strongly considering its impact and necessity. We attempt to impact the people around us by inspiring and delighting those we interact with.
Irrational Consumers are just your average teenagers wearingg high school band t-shirts, raising their hands to answer interview questions, making vine references, and dabbing. However, once their parents...Read more