We love our basketball here in OKC. Thunder up! If you’re looking for fun things to do before and after the game, we’ve got you covered. Before heading out to the game, read up on the art, the food, the drinks, the sights, and, of course, the music all around the Chesapeake Arena. For a list of events, make sure you check our calendar for live music, or check in with our friends at Downtown OKC!
BEFORE THE GAME
Fun for the family at the Myriad Gardens
- Take a stroll through the Myriad Botanical Gardens and the crystal bridge.
- Check out the many art workshops, live music, family events, yoga, and even a free reading event for children every Wednesday
- Pick your dining experience at FLINT, Vast, or any of the nearby
The Midtown experience
- Catch a show or check out some books at Commonplace Books.
- Rent a bike with Ride OKC.
- Grab a bite to eat at hip spots
like likePackards, the Hall’s Pizza, Barrios, or Gogo Sushi
- Pair your dining experience with a little bit of live music at Stella’s, Fassler, or O Bar.
Soak in some art
- Head to the Oklahoma
Musuemof Art for another activity that’s great for families with arts and crafts and little activities for young ones.
- Experience amazing exhibits like Chihuly glass art and occasional film screenings.
- To soak in some more art, you can swing by the Deep Deuce District at Artspace at Untitled.
AFTER THE GAME
Grab a drink, and jam out
- Check out the live music at Red Piano the Skirvin hotel right by the Chesapeake and the dueling pianos at Michael Murphy’s.
- Catch some more tunes at JJ’s Alley, Jazmoz, and Mantel Wine and Bar Bistro for something a little bit more interesting than just grabbing a beer after the game.
- You can also head to film row to check out the Jones Assembly for live music and a super cool environment
. Ifyou still want things to do after the Jones, Flashback RetroPub is open with arcade games, and the 21c is open with modern art.
Have a night out on the town
- If the game gets out a bit early, and you have some extra cash to spend, shop around the trendy stores in Midtown.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth in Midtown at 24-hour Insomnia cookies.
- Grab a drink at McNellie’s. There’s also live music at McNellie’s, which is always a jam and a half
. Ifyou want a little bit of added adventure, use the OKC streetcar!
- You could grab a bite to eat and a drink at Fuzzy’s and ride
around the Bricktown canal in the water taxi
. Oryou can get some coffee-to-go at Starbucks to chill out after an exciting Thunder game.